Daintree EcoLodge & Spa, situated deep in the heart of the magnificent Daintree Rainforest, offers sustainable luxury in a breathtaking location.
Our tropical retreat is the only boutique accommodation in the World-Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest, boasting 15 eco-friendly bayans in an awe-inspiring setting which will revitalise all your senses.
Wake up to the sound of birds in the canopy above, take in the majesty of the tall Bull Kauri trees and discover the lodge’s private and pristine waterfall on a leisurely walk through the enchanting rainforest. Escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life to rejuvenate your body, soul and mind in a breathtaking landscape where time appears to have stood still. Take time to reflect and reconnect with those you love in new and meaningful ways to discover the true meaning and value of life. Allow this unique tropical retreat to change your perspective of the world.
Enjoy outstanding food and wine in our exquisite restaurant where a tropical ambience complements the gourmet dishes served by our dedicated chef.
SustainabilitySustainability is not just a word that we toss around for brownie points with our guests. It is a concept that is at the core of who we are as a business. Sustainability can mean different things to different people; our interpretation of a sustainable business is one that generates a sustainable profit while benefiting the community and the environment. This includes actively managing environmental, social and economic risks by mitigating negative impacts from our operations. There are some serious environmental and social issues facing our planet today and looming on the horizon. We want to ensure that our business is not contributing to these issues and that we are positively contributing to our local environment and community. We approach sustainability under the pillars of environment, community and workplace.
Our belief is that people have their most memorable experiences when they are close to nature. Our mission is to provide an environment that allows every guest to have an experience they will never forget. A commitment to the environment does not mean living without comfort!
Some of the activities we have undertaken to lighten our footprint include:
- Partnership with Rainforest Rescue to plant 2,500 trees in the Daintree Rainforest
- Solar Panels installed to offset our use of grid-connected energy usage
- Self-sufficient in water usage through rainwater catchment
- All amenities and guest toiletries have a form of eco or fair trade accreditation
- General energy efficiency measures including minimal electrical appliances in rooms (Note: we do have air conditioning in the rooms as we consider this necessary for an enjoyable stay)
We are one of the largest employers in the Daintree Village, so believe we have a responsibility to the local community that provides us with employees and supports us with business. Some of the activities we do within the local community include:
- Financial support of two local primary schools
- Support of local businesses through promotion of other tourist activities and purchase of produce from local producers
- Support of local environment group Rainforest Rescue to run local community volunteer days to plant trees
Without good employees, our business would not exist. Therefore, we understand the importance of investing in a diverse and safe workplace that is also enjoyable. We focus on:
- Ensuring there is a diversity of males and females in different roles and women in management and on our board
- Ensuring all employees are trained in OH&S procedures
- Encouraging an open and honest culture with minimal layers of management
- Providing and encouraging work opportunities for staff in our sister businesses across Australia