The Kuku Yalanji people are the Indigenous inhabitants of the lush rainforests of Far North Queensland. Here, they have been living in harmony with the environment for more than 50,000 years!
The Daintree Ecolodge is nestled in the heart of this sacred land and provides the perfect base to discover the spiritual significance of the world’s oldest botanical treasure and its natural beauty.
The local Kuku Yalanji people call the land to which the Daintree Ecolodge calls home Wawu-karrba which means healing of the spirit. So come immerse yourself in culture and pure escapism in a breathtaking landscape where time appears to have stood still.
- 3 nights rainforest accommodation
- À la carte breakfast at the Julaymba Restaurant
- 1 x lunch picnic hamper
- ‘A Walk Through Time’ rainforest walk on the grounds of the Daintree Ecolodge
- Daintree River Cruise (sunrise or sunset)
- Full day Walkabout Cultural Tour (choosing between Ngana Julaymba Dungay or Ngana Kulkinga Dungay)
Ngana Julaymba Dungay explores the region from Daintree Village south, primarily around Mossman, including Mossman Gorge or a freshwater stream and Cooya Beach or other coastal environment. Tour includes a walk along the coastline with spears and learning the traditional hunting techniques.
Ngana Kulkinga Dungay explores the region further north, crossing the Daintree River by ferry and reaching Cape Tribulation – renowned as ‘where the rainforest meets the reef,’ stopping for guided walks and a swim in a freshwater creek.
From $2,247 for two guests
To book, contact Northern Escape Collection Reservations
07) 4777 7377 or [email protected]